Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cooking Adventure!

So last night as I was falling asleep, I was thinking about pie (I am almost always thinking about pie). I was in the mood to make one, but I didn't know what kind. I wanted to make a chocolate one, but I also wanted to make a fruit one...and then it dawned on me. Chocolate-dipped strawberry pie.

This morning, I got online and looked for a recipe. I found a few things that looked interesting, but nothing that I wanted to do. So I ended up following a chocolate truffle pie recipe and amending it to fit my needs.

I haven't tried it yet, but without further ado, I present to you my recipe for chocolate-covered strawberry pie. (The part not involving strawberries came from this site.)

Ingredients:
  • 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 1/4 cup sifted confectioners sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust
  • fresh strawberries (one box will be more than enough for 2 pies)

Directions:
  1. In microwavable dish combine chocolate chips and half of the whipping cream. Cook on high for one to two minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Stir in sugar and vanilla extract. Set aside.
  2. In small bowl, beat the rest of the cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high speed 1/3 at a time. (Make sure to not remove the beaters from the bowl while they are still spinning because it makes a huge mess!)
  3. Thinly slice strawberries and use them to line the inside of the crust, bottom and sides.
  4. Spoon the chocolate filling into the crust.
  5. Refrigerate at least 8 hours for serving. (Or if you're impatient like me, put it in the freezer for at least 2 hours...I've heard it has the same effect.)
I'll let you know how it tastes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh! I am sooooo proud of you. You have the gift girl for creative cooking. Looking forward to hearing how it taste. It really sounds scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Om nom nom. I'm noy a big pie fan, but this sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete