Chicken Rice
Ingredients:
-1 cup rice (uncooked)
-2 tbsp butter/margarine (cut up in little cubes)
-2 tsp instant chicken bouillon (2 cubes)
-2 1/4 cups boiling water
Directions:
-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
-Put all of the ingredients in an oven safe casserole dish and mix together.
-Put in oven for 1 hour.
(Bonus: You can also cook breaded chicken in the oven at 375 for one hour. Sweet!)
Awesome! Now the brussels sprouts recipe I made was one I'd never tried before, and it was soooooooooooo good. I thought I was going to botch it though, because halfway through I realized I didn't have as many brussels sprouts as the recipe called for...so there might have been a little too much butter in mine, but they were still delicious. This recipe comes from the Land O Lakes Treasury of Country Recipes:
Lemon Chive Brussels Sprouts
Ingredients:
-1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed
-1/4 cup butter or margarine
-2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
-2 tsp grated lemon peel
-1 1/2 tsp fresh dill weed (1/2 tsp dried dill weed can substitute for 1 1/2 tsp fresh)
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
In 2 qt saucepan place brussels sprouts; add enough water to cover. Bring to a full boil. Cook over med. heat until brussels sprouts are crisply tender (12 to 15 min.); drain. Return to pan; add remaining ingredients. Cook over med. heat, stirring occasionally,, until heated through (4 to 6 min.)
Microwave Directions: (this is what I did) In 2-qt. casserole place brussels sprouts and 1/4 cup water. Cover; microwave on HIGH until crisply tender (3 to 4 min.). Add remaining ingredients. Cover; microwave on HIGH, stirring after half the time, until heated through (2.5 to 4 min.).
I hope you get a chance to try these recipes!
Sounds delicious :)
ReplyDeleteErica, I never knew you loved brussel sprouts. I thought I was the only one that liked them. Your dinner sounds wonderful and I can only say I'm glad you have this love of cooking and trying new recipes. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to your posts. Steve is a lucky man to have you as his girlfriend. I happen to think he is pretty special also.
ReplyDelete